Swansea Carers Centre offers many exciting volunteering roles within our organisation.
By volunteering with us you will gain experience, receive training, and meet new people. We also offer support for our volunteers through team meetings, volunteer forums and social occasions such as activities and trips.
It is easy to apply to volunteer. Take a look at the list of volunteer roles below, and then just email firstname.lastname@example.org or tel: 01792 653344 and we will arrange for you to come in for an informal conversation about starting volunteering.
- Carers Cwtsh Volunteer: Helping offer Carers Advice and Information in the Carers Cwtsh Drop In
- Ty Conway Volunteer: Supporting clients at our respite day centre with activities
- Youth Club Volunteer: Supporting young adults aged 16 – 25 with their caring role through activities at youth club
- Office Volunteer: Helping staff with various tasks in the office
- Outreach Volunteer: Helping us give information to carers in community settings such as hospitals and G.P. Practices
- Holistic Therapy Volunteer: Qualified holistic therapists offering free treatments for carers
- Dementia Drop In Volunteer: helping people with dementia and their carers at our dementia Drop In
- Male Carers Group Volunteer: male only volunteers helping with activities support at our male carers group
Our volunteers have told us:
“For myself, there is the feel-good factor of doing something for others. It’s using the skills that I have from my working life, and maintaining those skills. Also meeting other people. It’s trying to help take the pressure off other people, by doing what I can so that they can get on with other tasks.”
“Both organisations and volunteers benefit from volunteering so it’s a win-win situation!!!!”
“Volunteering provides fulfilment and rewarding experience, and had led to personal development which I wouldn’t have had otherwise.”
For further information about the volunteering project contact
Ruth Carpenter Volunteer Co-ordinator