Swansea Carers Forum
In 2019 Swansea Carers helped establish the Swansea Carers Forum. The Forum was established to give Carers in Swansea the opportunity to voice their views on the services they receive and what they feel is missing.
A number of meetings have been held thereby establishing an independent forum driven by carers themselves.
If you want to voice your views as a carer then join our Forum.
Swansea Carers Centre offers a lot of volunteering roles within the organisation. By volunteering with us you will gain experience, training, references and we pay travel expenses. We also offer support for our volunteers through team meetings, volunteer forums and social occasions such as activities and trips.
It is easy to apply to volunteer
Take a look at the list of volunteer roles below, and then just email email@example.com or tel: 01792 653344 and we will arrange for you to come in for an informal conversation about starting volunteering.
Carers Cwtsh Volunteers: Helping offer Carers Advice and Information in the Carers Cwtsh Drop In
- Ty Conway Volunteers: Supporting clients at our respite day centre with activities
- Youth Club Volunteer: supporting young adults aged 16 – 25 with their caring role through activities at youth club
- Office Volunteer: helping staff with various tasks in the office
- Outreach Volunteer: helping us give information to carers in community settings such as hospitals and G.P. Practices
- Holistic Therapy Volunteer: qualified holistic therapists offering free treatments for carers
- Dementia Drop In Volunteer: helping people with dementia and their carers at our dementia Drop In
- Mens Group Volunteer: male only volunteers helping with activities support at our male carers group
Our volunteers have told us:
“For myself there is the feel good factor of doing something for others. It’s using the skills that I have from my working life, and maintaining those skills. Also meeting other people. It’s trying to help take the pressure off other people, by doing what I can so that they can get on with other tasks.”
“Both organisations and volunteers benefit from volunteering so it’s a win – win situation!!!!”
“Volunteering provides fulfilment and rewarding experience, and had led to personal development which I wouldn’t have had otherwise.”